Reading parishioners attending Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Wakefield in 1913 began meeting separately at the home of George and Mary Nowell in Reading. The Rev. James Cogan served both the Wakefield and Reading communities. As the group grew, they moved to the Odd Fellows building in Reading and then, in 1920, purchased the current property at the corner of Woburn and Chute Streets and became the Church of the Good Shepherd. In 1922, the first rector, The Rev. Dr. Charles Lancaster was called. Rev. Lancaster served Good Shepherd for twenty-seven years. The worship space was built in 1925, and the attached hall in 1950. The Rev. Herbert Jerauld served the parish from 1951 until 1966, The Rev. Donald Gardiner followed, serving until 1971. The Rev. Fred Emerich followed and served until 1982, followed by the Rev. Hal Garbarino who retired in 2006. The Rev. Scottie Wagner served from 2010 until 2016. Currently, The Rev. Brian Raiche serves Good Shepherd as our Priest-In-Charge.